2019/07/15

Saturday, June 15th: St. Paul's Cathedral

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Several of us ventured to St. Paul's Cathedral on our free Saturday. I was floored by the ornate detail and expanse of the architecture, and walked through the entire place scraping my jaw off the floor!





Standing in the middle underneath the dome, each corner between the four apexes of the church had beautiful archways that I felt entirely too far away from to appreciate fully.


Stained glass windows aplenty! There were too many to feel like I got any appreciation of each one, so I caught one image as representation.


The altar was a stunning piece of gold detail upon detail. I felt awkward being able to walk behind and around it.


A plaque for William Blake down in the crypt!

To finish, we of course had to climb the dome for some gorgeous London views. It was an interesting dichotomy of new surrounding old, and my appreciation of the history of this great city grew yet again. The clouds set the mood for a quintessential English day.


No comments:

Post a Comment